We're sorry to say Grey Trybikes are out of stock until beginning of December. If you would like to pre-order, please call 01278 434440 or click here to email your order for delivery in time for Christmas!
The Trybike Steel has been designed and developed in the Netherlands by Co&Co after many years of experience with balance bikes. They have applied their experience and selected the best materials, created the most durable construction and added stunning details as well as a quality finish. This Trybike is the first 2-in-1 balance bike made of steel! The bike can be converted from a tricycle into a bicycle with a few simple steps. The perfect all-in-1 bike to help your child transition from crawling, to walking, to balancing, to riding.
Give your Trybike your own look! Each bike comes with sticker sheets with loads of designs to choose from so you can customise your Trybike! Or even create a retro feel by adding a classic wicker basket to the front. Take a look.
1. Tricycle - The low tricycle offers young childen lots of support to start walking and riding. Perfect for ages 15 months - 2.5 years.
2. Bicycle - Easily convert the low tricycle into a low bicycle. At this point the next stage of riding starts, learning how to balance. Perfect for ages 2 - 6 years.
- Ages 15 months - 6 years
- Seat height is adjustable from 30cm to 45cm
- 5.2kg as a bicycle. 6.3kg as a tricycle
- Use feet as brakes
- 12 inch spoked steel wheels with nylon bushings, sealed smooth cartridge ball bearings and extra wide rubber inflatable tyres
- No limiter for more manoeuvrability in three-wheel-mode
- Comes with a set of vinyl stickers for you to personlise your bike
- Easy to assemble and add trike kit
Our Returns Policy
You may return an item to us for an exchange or refund providing that:
- You return the item to us within 28 days of receiving your order
- The goods are re-saleable, unused and in their original packaging with all tags and labels intact
- If any item is incorrect, faulty or damaged on receipt, please let us know immediately when you receive the item by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01278 434440
We cannot accept your return if:
- The form below is not completed and returned alongside the item/s
- Your item/s is a piece of clothing that has been laundered in a manner other than the recommended instructions
- Your item/s is anything from our bedding protection or Dream Tube range that has had its original packaging opened
Please download our returns form and include with the item/s in their original packaging, and send it back to:
Hippychick Ltd Returns
1 Roberts Drive
Please note that Hippychick Ltd is unable to pay for the cost of returning goods, unless they are faulty, damaged or incorrectly dispatched. We cannot accept responsibility for returned items which do not reach us. Therefore, we recommend that you send returns via the Post Office by Recorded or Special Delivery, retaining your proof of postage. This returns policy is in addition to your Statutory rights. We do process returns as fast as possible, however during busy times, if you urgently need replacement items, we suggest you place a new order on our website.
Instructions included with the bicycle. Or you can download instructions here!
- Regularly check all parts are secure and undamaged. In particular, the seat, handle bar and wheel bolts
- Trybike is not suitable for storing outside
Frequently asked questions -
- What is a balance bike?
A balance bike is a 2-wheel learner bicycle that has no pedals but is instead propelled by the rider pushing their feet along the ground.
A balance bike is designed to help young children learn to balance and steer.
Once children have found their balance and confidence, they will then have the skills to progress successfully to a pedal bike without using training wheels.
- What age is a balance bike for?
This very much depends on the child’s ability as well as the size of the balance bike, its wheel size and seat height.
A child must have mastered basic levels of co-ordination before they can use a balance bike though most balance bikes are marketed to children aged from 3+.
There are some balance bikes available which have smaller wheels, or three wheels, which can be suitable for younger children, from as young as 18 months.
Trybike, when set up as a Trike is suitable for children aged 15 months. The 3-wheel balance bikes can be converted to a 2- wheel balance bike as soon as a child is ready to start balancing.
- What are the benefits of buying a balance bike for young children?
It will teach your child a crucial skill which will set them up for life - balance. Learned early, this can enhance confidence when it comes to cycling unsupported.
Some balance bikes adjust from a 3-wheeler to a 2-wheeler. 3-wheelers are generally suitable for children from 15 months plus and will teach them to control movement using their body weight as well as the art of steering before they progress to a 2-wheeler.
Balance bikes can be used anywhere and will roll on any surface, inside or outside. Training wheels will often inhibit children’s progress and cause frustration when used on surfaces such as gravel, grass and carpet.
- Can you remove the pedals of a normal bike to make a balance bike?
We don’t recommend this.
It very much depends on the construction of the frame and the seat height. Pedal bikes require a higher seat height whereas with a balance bike the seat needs to be closer to the ground so a child can control the movement with their feet.
You want to start with a balance bike as early as possible, and on a normal bike a child would need to be 4+ years to be able to reach the ground.
- Can you add pedals to a balance bike for when kids get older?
Again, we wouldn’t recommend it as it’s a feature that tends not to work well and is not an ergonomic solution. But there are some brands that offer this facility.
- What should parents look for in a balance bike when buying one for their child?
The two key considerations for parents are:-
- Appropriate seat height for the age of the child
- Adjustable seat/adjustable steering in order that the bike can evolve in line with their child’s progress.
All other considerations are generally aesthetic.
- Any additional comments or advice about balance bikes from your experience?
Buying a 2-in-1 balance bike, ie one that progresses from a 3-wheeler to a 2- wheeler, is a good, long-term investment as children can start using it from around 15 months. Once they have developed their confidence, and are familiar with the feel of the bike, (around age 3), one of the wheels can be removed to turn it into a balance bike.
We really don’t recommend training wheels. They don’t actually teach children to balance which is the skill you need to ride a pedal bike. Worse still, if a child goes from a balance bike to a bike with training wheels, it can completely eradicate all the skills they have developed on their balance bike.
Please allow up to 3-5 working days for UK Standard delivery
FREE DELIVERY to UK Mainland on orders over £20
£3.95 for orders under £20
Delivery to Scottish Highlands & Islands, Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands - £5
Next Working Day Delivery to the UK:
Cost £7.95 per delivery address for UK Mainland
2 day courier delivery to Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands - £15
Orders need to be placed before 2:00pm from Monday to Thursday for next day delivery.
If you have a really urgent order and it is after 2:00pm, please call the office and we will try our best to help. Orders placed over a weekend or Bank Holiday will be despatched on the first subsequent working day.
For Saturday or Sunday deliveries, please call the office (+ 44 (0) 1278 434440) and we will be able to give you the cost depending on the item required.
Wheelybugs, Happy Hopperz, Nattou Rockers and Moover
Delivery to Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands - £15
Please allow 7-21 working days, we will despatch straight away but are then dependant on the relevant country's postal service.
All orders will be sent by regular international post, if a trackable service is required please call us.
Minimum Delivery Costs - may vary according to product weight.
Western Europe: from £10.00
Rest of the World: from £15.00
Some products and countries incurr a supplement, eg Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore and others. Please call or email for more information.
Due to customs restrictions, we cannot currently deliver to residential addresses in Russia. If you would like to make an order for delivery to a business address please contact email@example.com
Wheelybugs, Happy Hopperz, Nattou Rockers and Moover
For overseas orders including the above products, a minimum of £15 per item will be added to your delivery charge. Please call us for a quote. A signature will be required on delivery, and we can provide you with a tracking number if requested.
Give your presents that personal touch with our gift wrapping service - £4 per item
We can also include a gift card with a message - just let us know what you would like to say!
Our gift wrapping service is currently not available for Nattou Rockers, Vilac or Trybike.