What a bright idea!
Litecup is the only reduced spill childrens' cup with an integrated night light! The comforting night light means the cup can be placed anywhere near your little one's bed and still be easy to find - it is also light sensitive so you don't need to remember to turn it off! Litecups come with a blue light base but there are also separate red light bases available.
Litecup was created by a parent who wanted a better cup for his children. It just so happens that this parent was also an industrial designer - how handy! From his studio in Putney, South West London he started working on a drinking valve that could be non spill but also provide the most natural drinking experience possible. He created the Litecup - the only spill-proof cup with an integrated nightlight. which means your child can always see their drink in the dark. so they won’t knock it over, make a mess – and wake you up. Litecup supports independent mess free drinking for your child - day or night!
"Very easy to clean, Litecup is robust enough for every day use and is also great for travel"
- effective non spill valve minimising life's frustrations and clean up time from knocks, drops, tipping and spilling
- the cup rim supports bottle/beaker to cup transition - important for long term oral health
- 360 cup edge means you can drink from anywhere round the rim
- no straws or spouts which can be used for comfort sucking
- free flow natural drinking started by a small suck
- light and robust for everyday use
- great for travel and/or camping
- the integrated comforting night-light means the cup can be placed anywhere around the bed
- the night-light means your child will never lose their cup at night
- light sensitive - so you don't even need to worry about turning it on or off
- the night-light can also be manually switched off to save on battery life
- night-light battery and LED bulb are encased in a plastic unit or litepack that can click in or out of the base
- holds 330 ml of liquid
- easy to clean
- suitable for all non fizzy, cold drinks
- great for children or any member of the family looking to access the non spill function
- Litecup's clever reduced spill system minimises life's frustrations and clean up time from knocks, drops and spills and supports the bottle to beaker transition. The 360 degree drinking edge means little ones can drink at any angle, plus no straws or spouts for comfort sucking.
PLEASE NOTE: This item is not a toy.
Different sizes, for different size kids!
If you think Litecup might be too big for your child, don’t worry. There’s a Little Litecup too. And now Litecupbaby has arrived! So all your kids can have one of their own.
Why is it different?
A softer approach, that makes drinking easier.
Unlike many non-spill valve cups and beakers – where you have to suck harder than you do on a bottle to drink – Litecup has a softer approach. The innovative 360-degree valve opens with a small suck, stays open while you drink, and then automatically seals when your lips leave the cup. It also means you can drink from anywhere around the rim. Which is more natural, just like a regular cup.
It’s spill proof, not 100% leak proof - if your child holds it upside down and shakes it vigorously small drops will come out. sometimes if it gets pushed along on bedsheets the valve can also get held open and then the water could come out - see 100% disclosure! we like it this way though - we think it’s the best balance of great drinking experience while still minimising life’s disruptions. we hope you do too!
Litecup is a member of the Baby Products association
Care Instructions for Litecup:
- Litecup should always be washed before first use
- Litecup is BPA and latex free
- Litecup meets all European and FDA guidelines for food safe plastics and carries the CE mark
- Litecup is not designed for hot or fizzy drinks
- Litecup should not be placed in a microwave
- Dispose of product at first sign of damage or weakness
Usage Instructions for Litecup
- Insert a coin into the slot on the underside of the Litebase
- Twist the switch to the "on" position, indicated by a small point in line with the coin slot
- The Litebase is now on.
- Please note - Litecup is light sensitive - the light turns on in dim light and off in bright light.
Drinking from Litecup
No spill drinking is easy, just a little suck and the liquid starts flowing!
- Click out the light unit (which contains the battery and bulb) from the base of the cup with your thumb or a blunt instrument such as a spoon. the light unit can be cleaned by wiping with a damp cloth.
- Twist off cap
- Push out the middle section of the cap from underneath
- The cup and cap pieces can be placed in the top rack of a dishwaher or washed in warm soapy water by hand
- Click the light unit back into the bottom of the cup
- Fit the silicone ring around the top edge of the centre circle of the lid. The silicone ring should extend up and out from the inner circle creating a smooth bowl shape
- Click this back into the cap outer ring by pushing down in the middle
- Twist on the cap
- the light sensitive unit turns on in dim light and off in bright light
- the nightlight can be turned on or off by using a coin to twist to on/off
- the nightlight will only light up in dim light in order to save on battery life
Changing the battery
- remove litebase from cup (using a spoon or blunt object)
- remove the safety screw on the bottom face of the litebase
- twist the switch with coin or spoon handle aligning the pointer to the screw hole
- the battery compartment will now release from the main body of the litebase
- replace with a new CR2032 battery + side up
- put cover back on and turn to off position
- replace safety screw
Litecup is a safe product, designed by And Design to aid independent drinking. However, it’s incumbent on parents to decide whether it’s appropriate to leave their child unattended with a Litecup.
Litecup is not a toy. And Design cannot be held responsible for any accidents that may happen if a child is left unattended with a Litecup.
Litecup - on a toddler cup mission to get parents more sleep
Our Returns Policy
You may return an item to us for an exchange or refund providing that:
- You return the item to us within 28 days of receiving your order
- The goods are re-saleable, unused and in their original packaging with all tags and labels intact
- If any item is incorrect, faulty or damaged on receipt, please let us know immediately when you receive the item by emailing email@example.com or calling 01278 434440
We cannot accept your return if:
- The form below is not completed and returned alongside the item/s
- Your item/s is a piece of clothing that has been laundered in a manner other than the recommended instructions
- Your item/s is anything from our bedding protection or Dream Tube range that has had its original packaging opened
Please download our returns form and include with the item/s in their original packaging, and send it back to:
Hippychick Ltd Returns
1 Roberts Drive
Please note that Hippychick Ltd is unable to pay for the cost of returning goods, unless they are faulty, damaged or incorrectly dispatched. We cannot accept responsibility for returned items which do not reach us. Therefore, we recommend that you send returns via the Post Office by Recorded or Special Delivery, retaining your proof of postage. This returns policy is in addition to your Statutory rights. We do process returns as fast as possible, however during busy times, if you urgently need replacement items, we suggest you place a new order on our website.
Please allow up to 3-5 working days for UK Standard delivery
FREE DELIVERY to UK Mainland on orders over £20
£3.95 for orders under £20
Delivery to Scottish Highlands & Islands, Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands - £5
Next Working Day Delivery to the UK:
Cost £7.95 per delivery address for UK Mainland
2 day courier delivery to Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands - £15
Orders need to be placed before 2:00pm from Monday to Thursday for next day delivery.
If you have a really urgent order and it is after 2:00pm, please call the office and we will try our best to help. Orders placed over a weekend or Bank Holiday will be despatched on the first subsequent working day.
For Saturday or Sunday deliveries, please call the office (+ 44 (0) 1278 434440) and we will be able to give you the cost depending on the item required.
Wheelybugs, Happy Hopperz, Nattou Rockers and Moover
Delivery to Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands - £15
Please allow 7-21 working days, we will despatch straight away but are then dependant on the relevant country's postal service.
All orders will be sent by regular international post, if a trackable service is required please call us.
Minimum Delivery Costs - may vary according to product weight.
Western Europe: from £10.00
Rest of the World: from £15.00
Some products and countries incurr a supplement, eg Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore and others. Please call or email for more information.
Due to customs restrictions, we cannot currently deliver to residential addresses in Russia. If you would like to make an order for delivery to a business address please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wheelybugs, Happy Hopperz, Nattou Rockers and Moover
For overseas orders including the above products, a minimum of £15 per item will be added to your delivery charge. Please call us for a quote. A signature will be required on delivery, and we can provide you with a tracking number if requested.
Give your presents that personal touch with our gift wrapping service - £4 per item
We can also include a gift card with a message - just let us know what you would like to say!
Our gift wrapping service is currently not available for Nattou Rockers, Vilac or Trybike.