Wheelybugs go backwards, forwards, sideways, round and round ... they can be ridden, pushed, pulled, kissed and cuddled! These ride on bugs, great for both boys and girls, almost have a magical mind of their own.
Wheelybugs are designed to offer hours of robust fun and help to promote self-confidence, spatial awareness and gross motor skills.
The distinctive shape of the Wheelybug is very user friendly. The bright designs are an instant attraction to girls and boys alike. They go backwards, forwards, sideways, and round and round. Children don’t get stuck against obstacles like some other ride on toys. Wheelybugs help promote gross motor skills and balance like no other toy.
Wheelybug bodies have a padded layer of sponge which is covered with a tough layer of polyurethane leatheroid and can be easily wiped clean. They are great to use on smooth level floors and ideal for indoors.
Small: 39cm long x 31cm high x 23.5 cm wide (Age: 1 – 2.5 years)
Frequently Asked Questions
Have they been safety tested?
Wheelybugs have been certified tested to EU, US, AU/NZ and JP standards.
How much can it carry, can I sit on it?
The maximum recommended rider weight is 25kg.
Can they be used outside?
Any smooth, flat surface is suitable. However keep them away from dirt or sand as this can get into the castors and slow them down. Also do not leave the toy outside in the rain or direct sunshine for long periods as this can damage the surfaces.
Can they be used on pavements?
They will run on pavements but the castors may become damaged in time. Don’t worry, replacements can be purchased from us.
Will they run on carpet?
Obviously it is slower going on carpet, but your child will get a good work out!
- The wood base is made from plantation grown poplar plywood and has distinctive rounded contours
- The handle is aluminium so it won’t rust
- The "feelers" are made with stainless steel spring and have an internal limiter cord to resist pull out
- The plastic multi-directional castors are rated at 30kg each giving a total safe working load of 120kg
- They offer unlimited mobility and are for use on all level surfaces
- Wheelybugs are handmade and beautifully crafted from the highest quality materials
- Small 1.8kg
- Small : Length 39cm x Width 23.5cm x Height 31cm
What are the do’s and don’ts for Wheelybugs?
- Children should only use the toy under adult supervision.
- For use only by children able to walk unassisted. Should not be used as an aid or support for walking
- Ride on toys can tip over on surfaces that are not flat. The toy should be used only on smooth, level, dry surfaces.
- Do not allow children to use on or near hills, inclines, steps, bridges or near a swimming pool or other body of water.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Only one rider at a time. Multiple riders can cause tipping over
- Do not allow a child to stand on the seat. The Wheelybug should be ridden with both feet on the ground.
- It is important to check that the handle and wheel bolts are tight before using the toy. A loose or detached handle or wheel can make the toy unstable.
- Maximum rider weight recommended is 25kg or 50lbs.
- Clean with soap and water. Never use polishes, abrasive cleaners or steel wool. Strong solvents eg acetone, can damage the surface. Exposure to sunlight for long periods can result in colour fading. Don’t leave out in the open. Keep sharp points away from the covering.
For every Wheelybug sold between now and Christmas 2012, we will donate a percentage of the proceeds to our Charity of the Year, the Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK.
<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SBJEsDwQhA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Loved by Gurgle.com 2011 - 5* Award
Practical Pre-School Awards 2011 - GOLD 0-3 years Toys & Games Category
Loved by Parents Awards - Silver in Best Toy category
Loved by Parents Awards 2011 - Bronze in Best ride-on Category
Practical Pre-School Awards 2010 - Bronze (0-3 years Toys & Games Category)
Top Toys Awards 2010 - Silver (0-36 months category)
Winner - Best Toy Award 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005: (Independent Toy Specialists of Australia)
Highly Commended - Best Toy (1-3 years) (Mother and Baby 2005/06 Awards
Gold Award - Best Overall Toy (Right Start Toy Awards)
International & European Safety Tested (EN71)
"Wow – what a find! I bought a ladybird Wheelybug for my little girl’s birthday and it’s been a huge hit. My son (aged 4) loves sitting on it and he can get some great speed up in our hallway. They also love pushing each other along on it. It’s true what they say – it really does go in all directions and the kids have already got hours of fun out of it. I would really recommend this. It’s as good as it looks and is a real magnet for any children coming to play." Sarah, Brighton
"I bought two Wheelybugs for my kids They have been the most popular toy and after three years of heavy use still look like new.... Has to be one of the best toys I ever bought!" Leon Kolokathis
"We saw a “Wheelybug” for the first time yesterday and purchased a small “Wheely Bee” straight away for our 14 month old son. The build quality is excellent as is the design and stability." Dave Harris
"We would like to congratulate you on the Wheelybug. The children and staff have been very pleased with this colourful hardwearing product. Wheelybugs promote the children’s balance and gross motor skills... They encourage the use of all muscles in the legs and feet, plus the use of cross-lateral skills (sideways movement). We thoroughly recommend them for use within the childcare industry." Eileen Baker, Park Lane Early Childhood Centre
"I am going to order another one for our new child - this time a Bumble Bee, as we can not possibly be without enough in our house! My three year old loves his lady bug he rides it from one room to the next and parks it out the front of the room - he even rides it to the bathroom and the lounge chair. Thanks for making such a wonderful toy and for having such great after sale service, thanks again." Debra Barrett
5* Star review from gurgle.com - click here to read more